Friday, September 10, 2010

A small world


Last year I went to Leeds Festival on a hen do. There are over 70,000 people that attend this festival and I managed to walk into my ex not once, but twice. Now one of those times was in the cider tent and as he said 'You always expect to see a Fletcher in a cider tent.' I didn't expect that it would happen again this year. My husband and I are walking along and I literally nearly walked right in to him. How strange!




Last year it was a nightmare to find a space to camp, so we were trying to be organised this year. Plans failed to set off early unfortunately as one of our Southern friends doesn't seem to understand instructions and wouldn't get out of the house until 11am. This led to a chain of events... there was a big crash so we had to drive an extra hour to get there (despite only living 13 miles away). It then wasn't signposted very well and was really confusing. When we got there it was actually the pick up and drop off point, but luckily they let us drive through to the car park. We then had 3 fields to walk through before getting to the campsite. We were close to the arena - but there was no SPACE. They also like to zig zag the paths at Leeds so you have to walk even further. We ended up hiking through 2 campsites and finally camping in exactly the same place as I did last year! Mission failed completely.



I survived this festival without getting stung, getting crushed, getting soaked or losing anything though! Amazing! I even successfully put on and removed fake eyelashs! Unbelievable! Maybe the lucky charm is working?!







Unfortunately Martin is so old now (despite being a toy boy) and gets so tired that we had to leave BEFORE Guns N Roses had played! He was extremely broken by the last day. Terrible stamina! Look at the state of it. He had to lie down in the arena, right next to a music tent, with his head next to someone else's dirty plate. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment