Sunday, August 8, 2010

A taste of being me

I spend most of my life entertaining people with stories of the mishaps that have happened to me in the last 24 hours! Several people have suggested to write them down, so following reading my mate's blog it has inspired me to get cracking!

I warned my husband that when he married me - his luck may well change! He couldn't quite believe it - it well and truly did. No longer was he first to get his case off the conveyor belt at the airport, traffic jams became frequent, planes & trains were delayed and he also has to lead a life of mishaps (whenever I am around anyway)!

















I have recently started a new job, so was expecting a few things to go wrong. At first everything was hunky dory which was very surprising, but that soon changed....

On my second day the rollercoaster of events started and my life returned to normal! I firstly received the programming for Ellen Doherty's security badge which meant that I could not access any of the wards or offices that I needed to. We informed security who said 'no worries love, we'll sort that out immediately.' That actually meant - we'll cancel of all of your access! This meant that I got locked in a stairwell and had to climb 21 flights of stairs to get back out.

I then decided to go and tackle security again. I was sure they lived on level -2, but actually no! This led to me again getting locked in another stairwell. This time I actually thought I may have to stay there forever!
I eventually found a big grey door that looked like I would set off a thousand alarms if I opened it and had to run right around the hospital to get back in! Following this I found that security actually live on level -1. I went back down to them and they again informed me that my pass was done!

20 minutes later I found myself locked out of all the offices again as they had not done anything to my badge! I had to stand there for 20 minutes to get back in! I contacted security again and told them they had not in fact done anything to my pass and through discussion with Mr Security found that they had my name down as 'Woodhouse' not 'Woodford.' Blimming brilliant!

I think it was about then that I realised that on my pass it said 'speech and languageb therapist.'
Excellent- I like to be different! I also look like an evil pixie in my photo as you can see. I finally went home at the end of day 2 and pretty much immediately broke the zip on my new jacket!





The following day I got a new printer, but of course this was broken. I therefore thought I would save things to the shared drive, but of course they hadn't given me access to anything they were supposed to on the computer (they probably gave it to Ellen!). They gave me a superb username - 'Woodfork.' Is that better than my previous one - 'Woodfok'??

At the end of the week, I felt pretty good and the new job was going well. I sauntered up to the car park and then put my credit card in the bit where the parking ticket goes and pushed it right in!! Obviously it got well and truly stuck and so I had to go to the parking office and admit that I was in fact a moron and tell them what I'd done. Luckily he sorted it out. Trying to keep my head high I then set off to my car - oh dear where was my car?! I couldn't remember what level I'd parked on and so had to walk up and down 7 levels to locate my car. My head was no longer held high!

No comments:

Post a Comment